Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trip Eve!

Here it is, the afternoon before we leave and it still doesn't feel real.  We three are all packed and ready to go. 

I carried my backpack around the house yesterday and realized that I need to get rid of SOMETHING!!!  Maybe I don't really need 4 pairs of underwear?  Or 4 pairs of socks?  Maybe I could get by with only 2 shirts instead of 4????  Urrrgh! 

I am so grateful to God for finally allowing this dream I have harboured in my heart for over 40 years to come true!  I just wish it had happened when I was younger and stronger, or that I was in better shape now!  I have been trying to get in shape since last summer but it seems that I am just older and fatter instead!

Well, the way I figure it, at this point, is that nothing gets you in shape better than doing what you needed to get in shape for...... does that make sense?  So, doing lots of walking and eating lots of fruits and veg on the run will, hopefully, help me tone up.

I have to also say that Terry has been the most wonderful and supportive husband imaginable!!!

I will try to keep blogging as we travel.  Next time I post, it will be from Spain (God willing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment