Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trip Countdown

Less than 10 days until we fly off for our whirlwind tour of Europe!!!  We will be flying into Madrid and from there, who knows!  We leave here on April 1st and plan on flying out of London sometime in late May.  We are flying standby, which lends a real sense of adventure!  We hope to visit Spain, Italy, France, Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England.  We will see how long our will and money holds out!

We have all of our supplies.... not much since we will be carrying it ALL on our backs.  It concerns me more than the boys, of course.  They will probably just bring a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, 2 tees and a sweater!  I know that I have over-bought!  I will be packing my backpack and wearing it on a 3 mile walk this weekend. 

You know, the biggest challenge for me (besides the waiting!!!) is figuring out how to use the dumb iPod!!!  I have been trying to download audio books to listen to on our long train rides.  It seems that every book I am interested in is not on a downloadable book..... urgh!  Plus, I am not Ipod savvy, so I keep having technical glitches with iTunes.  Sean probably thinks that I am hopelessly out of touch with technology!!!!  Ipods are probably the easiest piece of technology to master and I am struggling!!!!  Oh well, I'll get it before we leave (I hope!)

I will attempt to update this blog as we travel.

Wish us Bon Voyage and pray that we have a safe, God-filled trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment